Thursday, February 23, 2012

February 22, 2012


Hello All!

Today Ryan is doing great! His PICC line is already out so his arms are FREE!! Ryan cannot express his excitement right now so I will do it for him....YAAAAYYY!!! The doctors are not planning on giving him any more medications, and all of his nutrients are coming from my breast milk. He is going to receive any extra things through his feeding tube, which as of right now, is just vitamins and an iron supplement. Earlier today, he was having a lot of secretions coming through his ventilator. They are not sure if these extra secretions are from Ryan being stubborn and just wanting to get the vent out, or if there is possibly bacteria build up in his lungs and his body is trying to remove it. The culture test usually takes about 48-72 hours so we won't find out for a few days what the outcome is. I think Ryan may just be stubborn--can you blame him? The nurse working with Ryan tonight (Sarah) was very nice and informative, which again, helps comfort us at night that he is in good hands. I am getting nervous though with all these women seeing him; everyone loves working with him. Protective mommy-mode is kicking in and I don't need these girls calling him their boyfriend already. Haha.

P.S. I have 230 views in 2 days?! Either the same people can't get enough of him, or I have a lot of people interested in Ryan's progress! This put me in such a good mood!

No comments:

Post a Comment